IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
We're pleased to announce that all three of our courses, as well as our driving range and Wailea Golf Academy, are open 7 days a week. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Important Update: The State of Hawaii Pre-Travel Testing Program started October 15th. This allows mainland and inter-island travelers the ability to bypass the 14-day quarantine program and move around the island during their stay on Maui. The information from the State and County governments on the pre-travel program is as follows. Please note, this is subject to change at any time, and individuals travelling to Maui should refer to official government sources for the most current and accurate information.
The Safe Travels Hawaii App will be used for Pre-Travel Screening and will work like this:
- Travelers will download the App prior to departure and upload their personal information, photograph, flight schedules and COVID test results into it. This will generate a QR Code unique to the traveler.
- The QR Code will then be scanned by either the airline or State officials (or both) upon departure and arrival, and the traveler instructed on their ability to move around the island or their need to quarantine.
- The App provides travelers the ability to show businesses their QR code to verify their bypass and quarantine status. The QR code does not display any personal medical information. Visiting golfers will be required to show your QR code to the Wailea Golf Club upon check in.
The Wailea Golf Club Policy on Out-of-State and Inter-Island Visitors:
Each guest must present their Safe Travels App QR Code to a staff member upon check in, showing either "NO" beside the "In Quarantine" field, or the date their quarantine was completed as shown in the "Date Quarantine Completed" field. The date quarantine is completed must be prior to your date of play.
The Wailea Golf Club continues to strictly follow the established guidelines of social distancing, hand washing, wearing of face coverings, personal sanitization, and local area/touch point sanitization as the best defense against any virus transmission. All guests and staff must wear appropriate face covering at all times in specified areas, as noted by our Face Covering Required signage. This includes arrival to the clubhouse, the pro shop, locker rooms, and shared outdoor spaces such as the Starter’s Desk and Cart Staging area.
We're excited about these positive steps towards re-opening Hawaii to our valued visitors, and looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful fairways!
For the health and well-being of all persons at our courses, we have implemented a number of operational procedures in compliance with County and State requirements. Here's some important information you should know:
- Our Gold and Emerald Pro Shop is open to the public, golfers and non-golfers alike. The Gold and Emerald pro shop is open 6:30 am to 6:00 pm 7 days a week. Our Blue course Pro Shop is open to the public as well, from 6:15 am to 6:00 pm 7 days a week.
- Face coverings are Required for all guests and staff. Please be sure to bring one with you.
- Social distancing – at least 6 feet apart – should be followed at all times.
- We are now allowed to handle your golf bags if you wish. We are able to take your bags from the Bag Drop to your cart, as well as use a transporter cart to bring you and your clubs back to your car after your round (staffing levels permitting). We are also able to clean your clubs for you post-round. If you do not want us to touch your equipment, please politely let our staff know.
- Beverage cart services are currently allowed; however, self serve water refill stations are not available on the golf courses. Please come prepared to keep yourself hydrated. Our golf attendants can provide you with a complimentary bottle of water, and there is a filtered water refill station at the Gold and Emerald clubhouse. Some other services and amenities will be available on a limited basis only.
- The Wailea Golf Academy, driving range and practice facilities will be available, with social distancing requirements in place. Driving range hours: 6:30 am to 5:30 pm every day except Tuesday. Tuesday range hours are 6:30 am to 2:00 pm. Range buckets may be purchased up to a half hour prior to closing.
- On-course playing procedures and practices have been modified.
- Please read the COVID-19 Safety Practices and Procedures included in your email confirmation for more information.